I finally got back into the kitchen after an extended break due to some sinus issues that resulted in me not being able to smell or taste anything. Not fun. But I’m back, and back with a vengeance. I posted, not one, not two, but three awesome recipes and it feels great. I love cooking.
We also went up to visit my wife’s sister and family yesterday and all cooked a big breakfast together and it was so much fun. We had 10 people all packed into the sisters cute apartment and cooking up a storm. The kids helped make blueberry pancakes. We had eggs, potatoes, lil smokies, bacon and more. It was a great breakfast and great time with family.
Your Truly Simple Action of the week is to plan and cook a family meal. It could be breakfast, or a nice dinner, or even a picnic lunch. Just plan a meal with your family and friends and cook and eat it together. There is something so simple and therapeutic about everyone gathering around the kitchen helping and talking and having a good time.
Pick a meal. Pick a day. Invite your family and friends. Do it.
But I don’t have a big kitchen, or I don’t have the right tools you say. Well first off, stop whining. No one likes a complainer.
You will be fine, and you will make do. We squeezed way too many people into a very small kitchen to make this breakfast. We were stepping all over each other to share the stove, but we made it work. We didn’t have all the right tools, but a towel works just fine for a pot holder. You will figure it out. I have complete faith in you. Don’t let some little excuse prevent you from doing this. Just start doing it and you will figure it all out on the way. You may hit a little speed bump or two, but that only makes it that much easier the next time you do it.
We had a great time cooking, eating and talking about everything under the sun. I want you to do the same.
Pick a meal. Pick a day. Invite your family and friends. Do it. It’s just that simple.
Truly Simple Actions The goal of the TSA project is to improve your life and help make this world a better place, one simple action at a time. Take time this week to do this one simple thing. Previous TSA’s:
- TSA#1 - Help out a Stranger
- TSA#2 - Get organized part 1 – Clear your space to clear your head
- TSA#3 - Watch what you are watching
- TSA#4 - Count Yourself Blessed
- TSA#5 - Why Diet’s Don’t Work
- TSA#6 - Just a Little Bit
- TSA#7 - Just Wash the Dishes
- TSA#8 -Tell Someone You Love Them
- TSA#9 - You aren’t doing anything good, just everything awful.
- TSA#10 - Epic Fail
- TSA#11 - 3 Simple Ways to Stay Motivated
- TSA#12 - 5 Ways to Simplify Your Email
- TSA#13 - Just Clean up One Area
- TSA#14 - Do Too Much
- TSA#15 - Slow the F*#! Down Ben
- TSA#16 - Buy Experiences, Not Stuff
- TSA#17 - Keep in Contact
- TSA#18 - Be Nice
- TSA#19 - If you can’t get out of it, get into it
- TSA#20 - Should = Do It