I hope your Thanksgiving was awesome. I hope you gathered with family and friends and ate way too much great food. I also hope you paused at sometime during the meal to think how much fun it was and maybe even wondered why you don’t do this more often than just once a year.
Here is now your chance.
Plan a dinner with some friends this week. Pick a few friends out and send them an email or text and pick out a night that works for everyone. Then divvy up the meal so not one person is doing all the work. Make something awesome to eat. This is especially easy to do around the holidays as you can make it a festive themed event and make some tasty food and drinks like this Puerto Rican Eggnog (*Caution: Adults Only).
Have everyone show up at the designated houses. Put some good music on, put the cell phones away and enjoy each others company and some good food and drink. Tell stories of what happening in your life. Discuss interesting things you saw that day. Talk about the challenges you are going through and ask for some opinions and advice.
The bottom line is to share yourself and your time and some good food with others.
We had a great thanksgiving but one of our friends was sick and sadly couldn’t make it, so in the spirit of more great leftovers we are going to do a Thanksgiving 2.0 soon for her. Beyond the great food, its just another great excuse to get together.
Your TSA for this week is to plan a meal with friends this week. Then do it again next week. Watch this turn into a fun new event you look forward to all week. Invite some new friends and neighbors and watch it grow into a new tradition.
TSA = Truly Simple Actions The goal of the TSA project is to improve your life and help make this world a better place, one simple action at a time. Take time this week to do this one simple thing. Previous TSA’s:
- TSA#1 - Help out a Stranger
- TSA#2 - Get organized part 1 – Clear your space to clear your head
- TSA#3 - Watch what you are watching
- TSA#4 - Count Yourself Blessed
- TSA#5 - Why Diet’s Don’t Work
- TSA#6 - Just a Little Bit
- TSA#7 - Just Wash the Dishes
- TSA#8 -Tell Someone You Love Them
- TSA#9 - You aren’t doing anything good, just everything awful.
- TSA#10 - Epic Fail
- TSA#11 - 3 Simple Ways to Stay Motivated
- TSA#12 - 5 Ways to Simplify Your Email
- TSA#13 - Just Clean up One Area
- TSA#14 - Do Too Much
- TSA#15 - Slow the F*#! Down Ben
- TSA#16 - Buy Experiences, Not Stuff
- TSA#17 - Keep in Contact
- TSA#18 - Be Nice
- TSA#19 - If you can’t get out of it, get into it
- TSA#20 - Should = Do It
- TSA#41 - Carve a Pumpkin
- TSA#42 - Start a New Tradition
- TSA#43 - Buy Handmade
- TSA#44 - Clean up Facebook
- TSA#45 - Give Thanks and be with Friends and Family