Today is memorial day and I hope you have the day off. I have just finished a 2 month remodel on our rental house. I love remodeling. I love fixing and building, but 2 months of nights and weekends has taken its toll and I am ready for a day off.
So I am taking a well deserved day off.
I am going to relax. I am going to do fun projects around the house. I am going to tend to the garden. I am going to take a day off of the things that I call work and I recommend you do the same as well.
If you live in the US, then you live in the only developed country on earth without a mandated vacation policy. We have a strange work ethic here, and I admit that I subscribe to it. I often work way too long and hard to the determent of health or quality time with my family. This is something I’m trying to keep and eye on and curb to the betterment of my physical and mental well being as well as those around me.
I actually got to spend a weekend with my wife this past weekend and it was wonderful.
So on this Memorial day, I hope you take the opportunity to not only remember those who have served for our country, but use this day off to actually take a day off from the things that you call work. Put the phone down. Stop checking email. Relax and spend some time with those you love to spend time with. Do the fun things you’ve been wanting to do.
Your Truly Simple Action is to enjoy a day off.
And for those interested in how the remodel came out, here is a before and after of the kitchen.
Truly Simple Actions The goal of the TSA project is to improve your life and help make this world a better place, one simple action at a time. Take time this week to do this one simple thing. Previous TSA’s:
- TSA#1 - Help out a Stranger
- TSA#2 - Get organized part 1 – Clear your space to clear your head
- TSA#3 - Watch what you are watching
- TSA#4 - Count Yourself Blessed
- TSA#5 - Why Diet’s Don’t Work
- TSA#6 - Just a Little Bit
- TSA#7 - Just Wash the Dishes
- TSA#8 -Tell Someone You Love Them
- TSA#9 - You aren’t doing anything good, just everything awful.
- TSA#10 - Epic Fail
- TSA#11 - 3 Simple Ways to Stay Motivated
- TSA#12 - 5 Ways to Simplify Your Email
- TSA#13 - Just Clean up One Area
- TSA#14 - Do Too Much
- TSA#15 - Slow the F*#! Down Ben
- TSA#16 - Buy Experiences, Not Stuff
- TSA#17 - Keep in Contact
- TSA#18 - Be Nice
- TSA#19 - If you can’t get out of it, get into it
- TSA#20 - Should = Do It
- TSA#21 - Perspective