I was sad and thinking negative thoughts one day last week. Don’t even remember about what right now, but what I do remember is what came out of it.
I was on a walk and this came to mind. The negative thoughts I have are just as real as the positive ones, so why not just have the positive ones? Either they are real or they are bullshit, but either way, why not just have the positive ones? So I stopped with the negative thoughts and proceeded to feel much better.
The good news is you are right. Whatever you think. That’s what you will agree with and that’s where you are going. As the quote says above, if you think you can, you can and thus the inverse is also true.
My realization that my negative thoughts were just as real as my positive thoughts led me to ditch the former. Why have them? Why think them? Why give them power? Why not choose to throw them away and go in the other direction?
Your attitude will set the course for this day. Your thoughts will prove you correct no matter what they are. Since you are right either way, choose to go the way you want to go.
Your Truly Simple Action for this week is to catch yourself thinking negative thoughts. Each time you do, realize that they are just as valid as your positive thoughts and make a choice. Choose to throw them out and replace them with good ones.
Either way you are right.
TSA = Truly Simple Actions The goal of the TSA project is to improve your life and help make this world a better place, one simple action at a time. Take time this week to do this one simple thing. Previous TSA’s:
- TSA#1 - Help out a Stranger
- TSA#2 - Get organized part 1 – Clear your space to clear your head
- TSA#3 - Watch what you are watching
- TSA#4 - Count Yourself Blessed
- TSA#5 - Why Diet’s Don’t Work
- TSA#6 - Just a Little Bit
- TSA#7 - Just Wash the Dishes
- TSA#8 -Tell Someone You Love Them
- TSA#9 - You aren’t doing anything good, just everything awful.
- TSA#10 - Epic Fail
- TSA#11 - 3 Simple Ways to Stay Motivated
- TSA#12 - 5 Ways to Simplify Your Email
- TSA#13 - Just Clean up One Area
- TSA#14 - Do Too Much
- TSA#15 - Slow the F*#! Down Ben
- TSA#16 - Buy Experiences, Not Stuff
- TSA#17 - Keep in Contact
- TSA#18 - Be Nice
- TSA#19 - If you can’t get out of it, get into it
- TSA#20 - Should = Do It