I love building things. I talk about this subject a lot because its a big part of who I am. I’m a builder, a fixer, a tinkerer. I prefer to build vs buy. I love to fix things to save them from the landfill.
One of the big reasons I love to make things is the sense of pride I get every day from being able to see that thing that I built. It’s not just a closet door I bought, its MY closet door that I built myself. That is awesome. That feeling doesn’t go away. The effect of walking down my hallway and seeing the results of my work every single day is the best feeling in the world.
So this week’s TSA is to encourage you to build something. Make something that you will look at every day. Make something that you can call your own. Make something that you can show off to your friends. Make something that is uniquely yours.
“But what if I don’t know how to build things?” you say.
Bullshit. That excuse no longer exists with the internet at your finger tips. Google it. Watch how to videos on YouTube. There are thousands of DIY sites out there that exists solely to teach you how to build stuff. Go nuts browsing around and find a cool project that captures your imagination and go build it.
You learn how to build things by building things. So go build something awesome that you can look at each and every day. It will make you feel just a little more awesome.
TSA = Truly Simple Actions The goal of the TSA project is to improve your life and help make this world a better place, one simple action at a time. Take time this week to do this one simple thing.
- TSA#1 - Help out a Stranger
- TSA#2 - Get organized part 1 – Clear your space to clear your head
- TSA#3 - Watch what you are watching
- TSA#4 - Count Yourself Blessed
- TSA#5 - Why Diet’s Don’t Work
- TSA#6 - Just a Little Bit
- TSA#7 - Just Wash the Dishes
- TSA#8 -Tell Someone You Love Them
- TSA#9 - You aren’t doing anything good, just everything awful.
- TSA#10 - Epic Fail
- TSA#11 - 3 Simple Ways to Stay Motivated
- TSA#12 - 5 Ways to Simplify Your Email
- TSA#13 - Just Clean up One Area
- TSA#14 - Do Too Much
- TSA#15 - Slow the F*#! Down Ben
- TSA#16 - Buy Experiences, Not Stuff
- TSA#17 - Keep in Contact
- TSA#18 - Be Nice
- TSA#19 - If you can’t get out of it, get into it
- TSA#20 - Should = Do It