The simple truth of news resolutions is that they only work when you do. Within that truth lies this one; your resolutions start when you do. You can have great ideas and plans for all the great things you want to change in the new year, but they won’t happen until you start. As with all of these weekly posts I’ve been posting for the past year, it comes down to simple actions being taken. Thinking about and planning the great diets and workout routines you will start in the new year don’t amount to squat unless you take action on them daily.
Soon you will see a lot of new faces at the gym and running along the streets in your area. Very soon after you won’t see those faces anymore.
It all comes down to taking action. Intentions are well and good, but they don’t make the difference. Your resolutions start when you do, not on January 1st.
If you make any resolutions this year, let them be to take some simple actions toward your goals. If you are looking for any simple actions to take each week to make your life better, then check out any of the 51 suggestions below.
Have a safe and happy new year and may 2014 be the best year you’ve ever made for yourself and others.
TSA = Truly Simple Actions The goal of the TSA project is to improve your life and help make this world a better place, one simple action at a time. Take time this week to do this one simple thing. Previous TSA’s:
- TSA#1 - Help out a Stranger
- TSA#2 - Get organized part 1 – Clear your space to clear your head
- TSA#3 - Watch what you are watching
- TSA#4 - Count Yourself Blessed
- TSA#5 - Why Diet’s Don’t Work
- TSA#6 - Just a Little Bit
- TSA#7 - Just Wash the Dishes
- TSA#8 -Tell Someone You Love Them
- TSA#9 - You aren’t doing anything good, just everything awful.
- TSA#10 - Epic Fail
- TSA#11 - 3 Simple Ways to Stay Motivated
- TSA#12 - 5 Ways to Simplify Your Email
- TSA#13 - Just Clean up One Area
- TSA#14 - Do Too Much
- TSA#15 - Slow the F*#! Down Ben
- TSA#16 - Buy Experiences, Not Stuff
- TSA#17 - Keep in Contact
- TSA#18 - Be Nice
- TSA#19 - If you can’t get out of it, get into it
- TSA#20 - Should = Do It
- TSA#41 - Carve a Pumpkin
- TSA#42 - Start a New Tradition
- TSA#43 - Buy Handmade
- TSA#44 - Clean up Facebook
- TSA#45 - Give Thanks and be with Friends and Family
- TSA#47 - Plan a Dinner with some Friends
- TSA#48 - YOU Create Your Traditions
- TSA #49 - Add a Little Holiday Spirit
- TSA#50 – Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas